Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wednesday 30th November 2011 - Text Giving!

Well, after yesterday's rest day I shot out of the blocks for the start of my six miler today.  My mantra so far has been "Legs and feet are fine, if you stay above 9" (minutes per mile that is).  But I blew that away with a sub-nine first mile and paid for it slightly with some pain in my shins and calves again.  But that wasn't really the story of the run.  Mostly it was a smooth, cool blast around the park averaging just under 10 minutes per mile.

It was such a beautiful day to run too!!  Clear skies and a lovely friendly atmosphere amongst the other people taking some lunchtime air in the woods.  I was able to stay off road for almost the whole time too and it was a pleasure to feel spongy grass or bark chip under my feet rather than hard painful asphalt or concrete.

To be honest though the run isn't my big news today.  The big news is that I have decided to make a little change to my fundraising and start using Just Giving instead of Virgin Money Giving.  The Virgin page will remain active and the money that is there will still go (has gone!) to Mencap.  However Just Giving has some extra cool features that I didn't know about when I first signed up for it.  Like the swish widget just over there --->

The other AWESOME thing that I can now do is to accept donations via text message!  If you don't believe me, try it! :)
Send a text saying "MIFF £5" (without quotes) to 70070 and it will automatically donate £5 and add it to your mobile bill.  There are no additional charges levied.  You can change the £5 to £1 or £20 or whatever you want to donate.  I'm really excited about it as hopefully it will make it much easier now to connect with people and for them to help us all to do something really worthwhile here.

So that's it for today.  Back to work for me now.  Two blog posts in one day and a really busy day at work too.  Who says men can't multi-task?

Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

TODAY
Distance 6 miles
Time  59:34
Kcal  693
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 211.65 miles
Time  37:21:20
Kcal  22342
Press-ups 380
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:40 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is at £431.53 now (thanks WREXHAM!!).
If you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored already. I respect and love you all!!! 

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment