Wednesday 16 November 2011

Wednesday 16th November 2011

I took the new treadmill for a spin today.  My first impressions are that it looks like a treadmill in the same way that vodka looks like water.  And it's about as much use for running on as vodka is for making a cup of tea out of.  Actually no wait, vodka tea might be alright.

Anyway, I eventually worked out that trying to run on it is vexatious to the spirit however walking on it briskly is actually quite rewarding.  Indeed at a gentle 4 Kpm I worked up a massive sweat after 20 minutes.  I think it'll be a useful addition to the training and if it helps draw some attention (and consequently some donations) then it'll all be worthwhile.  It's bloomin' heavy though!  Lugging that around the place will get me fit if nothing else does!

So after work I hit the streets for just under six miles and had a decent run.  I went without any fluid as I knew I'd only be out for an hour but I was feeling thirsty by the time I got back.  I've been starving hungry for two days and yet simultaneously feeling really ill.  I've got a 9 miler planned for tomorrow then rest and lots of lager on Friday night!

Peace, out!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

Today 
Distance 6.82 miles
Time  1:19:51
Kcal  753
Press-ups 20
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

Total
Distance 152.56 miles
Time  27:06:03
Kcal  16246
Press-ups 340
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:10 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
My left thigh was really painful during the run today, enough to make me limp. I put some freeze gel on it after my shower and hopefully it'll be OK for the nine miles tomorrow.  The blister on my toe is still sore.  Well not that sore but certainly very itchy!!

FUNDRAISING
My sponsorship is up to £336 (thanks Jo!) on
http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored!! 

No wide scale spamming tonight!  But I did email the publishers of the Community Times to ask if they'd give me some publicity.

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You
can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment