Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday 6th November 2011

Very tired today!  I think the effects of some interrupted sleep, a 19 mile training run, and some heavy partying at the Katy Perry concert had taken it's toll by morning.  Also I ate a hotel fry-up to start the day even though I know that they always make me feel heavy and sluggish.  So most of the day I have been a sedentary lump, but I did manage a trip to the gym.

I did 20 minutes on a cross-trainer (one of those things with the arms that move in and out as your feet make a running motion without ever leaving the pads).  That was good and it got me sweating and took my HR to about 130 which is decent fat burning territory.  Then I did some stretches and some core work.  Wobbling about once more on the space hopper.  I used a new device for me that I can't find the words to describe.  Essentially it is two vertical ropes attached to weights and what I did was grab one of the ropes and rotate my torso in such a way as to lift the weight and work some muscles in my stomach.  I'm not sure what good it did my stomach but it made me feel good to play with some new kit!

I spent 20 minutes in the steam room today and felt a little benefit from previous sessions as I was able to stay in there the extra five minutes more than previously.

Finished the evening off with 4 lots of 20 press-ups (to work off that fry-up and the sherry trifle I had for tea!!). 

Back to running in the morning.  Alarm set for 5am.  Gulp!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

Today 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0:00:00
Kcal  0
Elevation 0 ft
Press-ups 80
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  20 mins

Total
Distance 91.11 miles
Time  16:08:55
Kcal  9286
Elevation 3167 ft
Press-ups 160
Swimming 3500 m
Sauna  1:15 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Nothing really hurts today surprisingly after the long run yesterday!  Those ice baths are working miracles.  However I am really tired and slightly grouchy.  Does that count as an injury?  I guess so.  I've pulled a muscle in my "positive mental attitude"!!  Oh and I have a headache but I think that's just because it's Monday tomorrow.

FUNDRAISING

I'm up to £296 on my sponsorship page (www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet) and the ad click revenue from here is up to £77.21!!  Thank you to everyone who clicks the ads.  Every click brings in a little money so if you just click a few ads a day it will all mount up through my training and every penny goes to Mencap.

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment