Thursday 10 November 2011

Thursday 10th November 2011

Back to it today after a rest yesterday.  I put in a few press-ups during the day, in batches of 20 so nothing too strenuous; although I did reach 100 on the day which is a first for me.  Then just before dusk I set out for a decent 8 miler.  I felt a bit slow and sluggish to be honest and ran most of the way with stitch and stomach ache.  Fortunately gastric discomfort didn't turn into gastric disfunction so nothing too horrible to report. 

It's a lovely evening out there though.  As it got dark a beautiful red full moon rose and gradually brightened.  The kind of moon that makes guys with eyebrows like mine wonder where the hell I'm going to wake up tomorrow.  I ran the same route as Tuesday evening (with a tiny bit added to take it over the 8 mile mark).  Tonight though I ran it the other way around so that I would go past the creepy woods in the daylight.  I know.  What a tart.

I'm bowled over though by how beautiful a night it is.  I barely needed my head torch even when it got fully dark as the moon reflected off the wet surface of the lanes and made them sparkle.  I cast a clear shadow behind me as I ran to the light.  At one point I ran under the lee of a small hill and there were some cows on top of the hill, silhouetted perfectly against the full moon.  A really stirring site until a moth flew into my teeth - yik yik yik.  Oh and I got buzzed by a bat in the same place as one buzzed me a few nights ago.  The romantic in me thinks it's the same bat.

I didn't have my camera so I had to download this picture of a full moon to illustrate how pretty it was tonight.  I'd love to know where they found this tiny little dog though.  When you look at the moon it isn't really very big.  You'd think a dog sitting in front would obscure it.  But not this tiny bonzai dog!

I kept my average pace at 10:22 and my HR at 140 is satisfactory.  I need to keep in this good slow range to avoid injury.

Peace, out!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 8.05 miles
Time  1:23:30
Kcal  974
Elevation 242 ft
Press-ups 100
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 113.56 miles
Time  19:56:34
Kcal  11875
Elevation 3974 ft
Press-ups 320
Swimming 4750 m
Sauna  1:30 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Pain in my upper, outer, left thigh.  Quite a localised sharp pain so I think I have torn some muscle there.  My stomach was a problem through the run but I think I probably ate too much bread today as
that usually makes me poorly.

FUNDRAISING
My sponsorship is now up to £331 on http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored!!

I paid over my £500 race fees today and I can expect my fundraising materials to arrive early next week.  Then I can plan how to accelerate my fundraising to reach the magic £9,500 I need!

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment