Sunday 13 November 2011

Sunday 13th November 2011

Oh my poor battered knee!!!  Ouch!!!  My knee hurts.  HURTS!  Ow!!!!  :(

So anyway.  No one ever crossed a desert by whining like a baby about a sore knee.  Time to get back at it!  Grrrrr!  Macho posturing aside I couldn't run today because my left knee was really painful and I didn't want to do anything stupid.  So instead I got on an eliptical trainer in the gym for 40 minutes. In some ways that in itself is pretty stupid because your legs go like the billy-oh and you don't get anywhere.  Still, it burnt about 400 calories (so that's a quarter of breakfast then) and got me sweating pretty good.  I'm sure it was incredibly helpful to my training.

Oh, and before I got on the eliptical I accidentally got on this thing where instead of going forwards and backwards your legs go out to the side.  I got off it pretty sharpish because I was worried about falling off it.  But I saw someone else using it later and sussed out what you did.  I tell you what.  I reckon it could give you buttocks that would crack a walnut!  I might give it a go some other time but for today I played it safe.

After 40 minutes on the eliptical I did some core work on the space hopper and some stretches on the rack then down the pool.  I didn't really swim today but I did spend a good 15 minutes in the sauna.
Peace, out!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

Today 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0
Kcal  0
Elevation 0 ft
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  15 mins

Total
Distance 138.69 miles
Time  24:33:54
Kcal  14722
Elevation 4592 ft
Press-ups 320
Swimming 6250 m
Sauna  2:05 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Ow - my left knee hurts!  I've been limping along for most of the day but have been sensible and not pushed it too far.  Tomorrow is a rest day so I won't do much and hopefully by Tuesday it'll be right as rain!

FUNDRAISING
My sponsorship is now up to £331 on http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored!! 

I'm getting a manual treadmill on Tuesday (thank you Ebay!).  I intend to use it for fundraising somehow.  Anyone have any ideas how??

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment