Saturday 5 November 2011

Saturday 5th November 2011

Up at 5am and out of the door at 6.  Feeling exhausted and nauseas having force fed myself a bowl of Fruit and Fibre at 5:30.  I never normally eat until I've been up for hours but I figured I might need a little sugar in my blood.

I was tooled up for the run with my Snoopy buff, my head torch, and my swish new bottle carrying belt.  I need to get used to running with a belt (and soon I'll add a pack to the mix - but not yet).  I
want to see where it rubs me on long runs so that when I get to the desert I can tape all the problem areas and hopefully avoid the skin breaking.  Anyway, today it rubbed me around the fat bit of my waste  (which hopefully won't be there anymore come April!).  But it didn't rub me much and by far the bigger problem is still the strap of my HR monitor which leaves me with a near permanent red line around my torso.

So I headed out down the lanes.  Very quiet this morning.  The odd cat standing sentinel in the hedgerows but no menacing cows, horses or badgers.  I have a vague fear of badgers.  I think they have sharp teeth.  Do they bite?  I hope not.  I'd really hate to be bitten by a badger I bet it would hurt like the devil.

The sun came up at about mile 5 and I could put the head torch away and watch the dawn.  There was a spell where I could hear both the chattering of birds saying "wakey wakey" and the hooting of owls saying "nite nite".

I ran a long route to the canal at Ellesmere then went off road for a little way to work the stabilisers a bit more than normal.  It was a good run although I had to add a demoralising extra bit at the end to bring it up to 19 miles.  Even though I ran right past my door I couldn't bare to finish at 18.6 miles when I had intended to run 19.  Is that a bad sign or a good one?

Finished with an ice bath, some ibuprofen, and a lovely hot cup of tea :)

Tonight I intend two hours of cross training with Grace.  We'll be dancing our butts off at a Katy Perry concert!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

Today 
Distance 19 miles
Time  3:27:57
Kcal  2042
Elevation 681 ft
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

Total
Distance 91.11 miles
Time  16:08:55
Kcal  9286
Elevation 3167 ft
Press-ups 80
Swimming 3500 m
Sauna  55 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Sore today!!! My toes are killing me and I had to attack them with scissors after my bath to take off as much nail as I could.  Lots of pain in my right thigh during the up-hills (hence the ibuprofen). 
Very sore skin erm... anyway, let's just say that wherever clothing rubs skin I have rubbed a little too much skin.  Nurse!  Time for my savlon rub....  ;)

FUNDRAISING

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far.  My current total is £286 on the Virgin Money Giving site and my Adsense revenue is now an amazing £70.29 - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!  Please keep clicking on the ads and supporting the sponsors because every click helps raise more money for Mencap.

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing
charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment