Wednesday 2 November 2011

Wednesday 2nd November 2011

Hello from Hannover, Germany!  I had a few beers last night and am suffering for it today.  Not that many beers really but cutting out (OK down) on alcohol is important for my fitness and today I see exactly why!

So to punish myself I started this day like this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0
Try it, it's ruinous!!  I made it to 100.  Eventually!  I followed it up with some plank work with alternate leg raises.  Then, sweating like a pig I had a shower and went to breakfast!

After work I headed out for an early evening trot around Hannover.  I ran downtown to the Hauptbanhoff and then turned left to head down to the Machsee (a large lake near the football stadium).  It was a lovely run around the lake on lit cinder paths.  Completely flat and smooth I held a steady pace and HR. 

At one quiet point the track runs alongside the main rail line and as I ran past it a huge freight train rolled past.  It was strangely exhilerating and confusing to have the noise of wheels on tracks both ahead of me, next to me, and behind me all at once.  As if surrounded by trains.

Rounding the bottom of the lake at 4.5 miles I was heading back to complete a 6 miler.  Until.  Until I lost my mind momentarily and tried to find a shortcut.  A short cut that turned a 1.5 mile trot back to the hotel into a 6.5 mile fight for survival! 

Looking at the GPS data now I can see that I actually turned away from the hotel and ran for a mile or more before gradually correcting my course.  I eventually found my way back to the Novotel only be spotting a road sign for the zoo and following that.  Once I was at the zoo I knew how to get home from there!  Looking on the bright side I now know that I can run 11 miles without water or  nutrition!!


JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

Today 
Distance 11.22 miles
Time  1:57:18
Kcal  1285
Elevation 0 ft
Press-ups 10
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

Total
Distance 62.58 miles
Time  11:02:58
Kcal  6201
Elevation 2205 ft
Press-ups 80
Swimming 3500 m
Sauna  55 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!

Despite the swimming my neck and shoulder are feeling much better.  Lower right leg is the thing that's giving me the most gip! Damn you weak Petronus Brevis!!  A small amount of knee pain on my long run but much less than I deserve!

FUNDRAISING

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far.  My current total is £190 on the Virgin Money Giving site and my Adsense revenue is now a wonderful £33.99 - THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!  Please keep clicking on the ads and supporting the sponsors because every click helps raise more money for Mencap.

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment