Wednesday 23 November 2011

23rd November 2011

Well, it's it just Sod's law that as soon as I write that I should abandon the "charity hurts" section of the blog and just stop moaning I go and hurt myself and have to take almost a week out from running.  And also isn't typical that after running all those miles in such a short space of time I should be undone by one drunken night in the mosh pit!  Jumping around like someone who's forgotten he's an old git is a dangerous business.  I did something to both my calves that left me limping for three days.  And even after the limping stopped the tops of my calves (especially the left) were really sore to the touch and also a little swollen.  Well, very swollen.  I could barely get them in my trousers!

But after five straight days of no running I was getting a bit stir-crazy and so tonight I went out for a little four mile tester.  It wasn't too bad on the legs.  Worryingly my left thigh hurt in the same place it had hurt last Thursday (my last run).  And my calves were tight but not painful. Really tight, I had to stop two or three times to gently stretch them to get them moving again.  But I'm not worried.  It's bitterly cold and I forgot to bring my Deep Heat to Hannover this week so I knew the first couple of miles would be tricky; and they were.

The run was a straight 2 out, 2 back in the Hospital district of Hannover.  Nice and flat except for two gentle low climbs.  I went past the new(ish) Telekom Tower and it looks fab at night!  I kept up a steady rhythm though for most of it and generally enjoyed it.  My confidence has been low since hurting my calves and even this modest four miler felt like a milestone passed.  Maybe it is?  It's the first injury break I've had to take since I started training and now I have to climb back out of the lull and build my miles back up.

A busy time coming up.  On Saturday I'll be collecting in Wrexham Town Centre (assuming I get the permits through).  So if you're in Wrexham on Saturday come and see me and put a pound in the pot!

Peace, out!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg
Today 
Distance 4.08 miles
Time  0:40:51
Kcal  488
Press-ups 40
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

Total
Distance 163.64 miles
Time  29:09:33
Kcal  16734
Press-ups 380
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:10 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fundraising has copied my left calf muscle and stopped moving!  So come on folks, if you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored
already. I respect and love you all! 

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at: miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment