Monday 28 November 2011

Monday 28th November 2011

Two milestones passed tonight.  Firstly I tipped over the 200 mile mark in my training so far.  And  secondly I ran with my backpack for the first time.  I've never run with one before; not even in the RAF.  It felt surprisingly natural right from the off.  I ran four miles down to Tallarn Green and a little way past it. 

I felt really comfortable for the first 5 or 6 miles then as I slogged back up the hill my HR climbed a bit and I had to breath more deeply to keep my muscles firing.  This had the effect of puffing out my chest more with each breath and it pushed the straps of my backpack higher until the shoulder straps were rubbing against my neck.  I think it's just a matter of getting used to where the straps should be and how tight they should.  I also expect it will get better when there's more weight in the bag.  To start with I had just 1Kg in there as a tiny amount of ballast.  I'll add 1Kg per week until I'm running with something like 13 Kg in there.

I am feeling pretty good now and this was definitely the best run for a while.  Certainly since long before my calf injury.  After re-hydrating and eating I felt refreshed, fit and strong. I'm pleased with the base fitness I've built up in the month or so since finding out that I had a place in the MDS.  My goal for December is to build my base further and to get fully used to running with the bag.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 8.02 miles
Time  1:24:11
Kcal  856
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 205.65 miles
Time  36:21:46
Kcal  21649
Press-ups 380
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:10 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is at £431.53 now (thanks WREXHAM!!).
If you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored already. I respect and love you all!!! 

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing
charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment