Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tuesday 8th November 2011

Well the alarm went off at 5am but I didn't.  I went on.  Sleeping.  Overslept by 2.5 hours and got up too late to go for a run before starting work. Oh well, they do say you should listen to your body and mine was clearly saying "shhhhh go back to sleeeeeeeep".  So I did.

I'm working from home today and I threw in some core work and some press-ups each time I went to put the kettle on so that ticked up my stats a little.

This evening I went out for a run, slightly longer than I would have done this morning but a good one all the same.  I went a different route and made one fundamental miscalculation.  Several of the steep uphill sections coincided with the road running past or through dense, dark woodland.  Now I'm not easily spooked but I get really creeped out by woods at night time.  Especially when they sound like they are crawling with wildlife like they were tonight!!  The upshot of this was that I not only ran up the hills but I ran faster than I did anywhere else on the route!!  So not perfect and I'm paying for it slightly now with sore thighs and calves.

Of course the irony of me getting spooked in the dark is that I was almost certainly the most scary thing there, as this picture proves!

On the bright side I've levelled up!!  Since starting my training I have now run over 100 miles and burned over 10,000 calories from running alone.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

Today 
Distance 7.98 miles
Time  1:19:02
Kcal  957
Elevation 196 ft
Press-ups 60
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

Total
Distance 105.51 miles
Time  18:33:04
Kcal  10901
Elevation 3732 ft
Press-ups 220
Swimming 4750 m
Sauna  1:30 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Sore thighs tonight, particularly the left.  Also some pain still in my calves (both).  Other than that I feel pretty good!  My toes are holding up nicely and no blisters so far.

FUNDRAISING

I'm up to £311 on my sponsorship page (www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet) and the ad click revenue from here is up to £94.04!!  Thank you to everyone who clicks the ads. 

Every click brings in a little money so if you just click a few ads a day it will all mount up through my training and every penny goes to Mencap.

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment