Monday 14 November 2011

Monday 14th November 2011

A second day off running today.  My legs needed it.  Much less pain today, just a little soreness below my left knee but nothing I'm going to stress over.

This is an "active" recovery day.  Which essentially means that my legs recover while the rest of me stays active.  So with that in mind I headed to the gym this evening and swam 60 lengths of the pool before getting out and sitting in the sauna for 20 minutes.  It was the longest run I've done in there and being a little dehydrated after the 60 lengths and also being hungry through not having eaten before going I felt a little woozy to be honest.  I had a couple of dizzy spells when I got out and unwisely decided to cool down in the swimming pool by doing another ten lengths. 

I got through them OK but it was like everything was going in slow motion and a few times my concentration sort of drifted so that I was just floating for a couple of seconds before I snapped out of it and continued my strokes.  It was a slightly surreal experience and a bit disconcerting at times.  But I'm learning about hyrdration and nutrition all the time and I think I learned a valuable lesson about taking drinks into the pool with me in future so I can stay hydrated in the water and the sauna.  It got so bad that I resorted to drinking the shower water.  (I know... that's rank).

I had some good news on the fundraising front today.  My kit arrived from Mencap and I also got a call from Wrexham Council.  I've been provisionally booked for a collection slot in Wrexham Town Centre on Saturday 26th November.  Look out for me and drop a pound in my pot if you see me!!

Peace, out!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

Today 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0
Kcal  0
Elevation 0 ft
Press-ups 0
Swimming 1750 m
Sauna  20 mins

Total
Distance 138.69 miles
Time  24:33:54
Kcal  14722
Elevation 4592 ft
Press-ups 320
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:10 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Far less pain today but this evening I am feeling a little light headed from a good effort in the pool and the after effects of dehydration.  I'll be sure to drink another couple of glasses of water before bed.

FUNDRAISING
My sponsorship is still at £331 on http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored!! 
Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment