Thursday 24 November 2011

Thursday 24th November 2011

Yet another battle with motivation tonight.  I'm beginning to realise that while I really love running, I really hate 'starting' to run.  Especially after a long stressful day of work and travel.  Any how, I made it out.  Running down dark lonely lanes with a rapidly fading headlight.  Spooked?  Moi?

I learned tonight was that there are more cats in the world than we realise.  Every few hundred yards I would see a pair of eyes reflecting back out of the hedgerows at me; with that sort of unscrutable disinterested stare that a poker player would kill for.  There were cats in places miles from the nearest house.  I also startled an animal at one point and I heard a great scrambling around me in the grass but never caught sight of the source.  Oh, and I heard a bell ringing somewhere in the dark.  Like I said; spooked?  Moi?

For now let's forget about my cowardly nature and focus on the running.  I kept a good pace up; less than 9:30 minute miles which is at least 30 seconds a mile faster than most of my previous runs.  I walked up the hills as usualy but started walking later and started running again earlier to get he HR pumping.  Even with that extra effort I kept the average at 145bpm so I'm pretty happy with that!

Some more pain in my left leg.  Calf, knee and thigh.  Nothing to make me rest again and nothing to make me lose sleep.  If I want to lose sleep I'll just think about work but that's another blog (anauditorrippedmyheartfrommychestandateitinfrontofme.blogspot.com).

Oh, one more thing!  My permits for the Wrexham collection arrived this week while I was away.  So it's all systems go!  Do come and see me and put a pound in the pot!!

Peace, out!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

Today 
Distance 7.18 miles
Time  1:08:00
Kcal  893
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

Total
Distance 170.82 miles
Time  30:17:33
Kcal  17627
Press-ups 380
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:10 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is still at £336 so if you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP. 

Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored already. I respect and love you all!!!  I hope to boost this total on Saturday with a whole heap of small (and large!!) change in my collection tubs.  Can't wait!!

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment