Thursday 1 December 2011

Thursday 1st December 2011 - 8 mile tempo

I really enjoyed my run tonight; especially considering it was a poor start.  I had detonated two calorie bombs (snickers bars) in my system during the afternoon and I was just coming down from the second sugar rush as I went out.  The lethargy this brought, coupled with some stomach cramps because I'm not as used to chocolate as I once was, meant that I started very slowly, and with much pain in my stomach and legs.  The first mile was 12:03 but as I got into my stride I gradually picked it up through just over 10 mpm in miles two and three and then down to 9:43 in mile four. 

By this point I was feeling really good and warm and all the pain had gone so I decided to stretch my legs a little and up it to a tempo run for mile 5; which I did in 8:37.  I slowed it up for miles 6 and 7 although even they were done at sub 10 mpm so a lot quicker than a normal training run.  Finally I stepped on the gas for mile 8, running my fasted of the night, at 8:16 for the mile.

It felt great to put in a little speed work.  The schedule I'm following actually recommends speed work each Thursday but thus far I've ignored that element for fear of injury.  Tonight though it just felt right to up the ante a little.

I finished by icing my legs under the shower and then relaxing in the sauna and the spa pool for a bit.

Rest day tomorrow (as restful as it can be given that I'm checking out of the hotel at 6am (UK time) and won't be home until midnight.

Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.1 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 8.10 miles
Time  1:18:33
Kcal  902
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  15 mins

TOTAL
Distance 219.75 miles
Time  38:39:53
Kcal  23244
Press-ups 380
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  2:55 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is still at £431.53.
If you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored already. I respect and love you all!!! 
Remember that you can now donate by sending a text to 70070 saying (without quotes) "MIFF70 £5" but replacing the £5 with any amount you wish to donate.
Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at:
miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment