Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tuesday 6th December 2011 - 10 mile easy

I got re-tweeted by Robert Pires last night!!!!  I'm still buzzing about it. I tweeted him the link to the blog and to say what I'm doing and he re-tweeted it to his 63,000 followers.  The hits to the blog went through the roof and I gained a few new twitter followers (never mind my feet - pity THEM because they get to hear me moan on about how sore my legs are!).  Hopefully one or two of them will be inspired to sponsore me and help me to my target of £9,500 for Mencap.

Speaking of twitter, I also added a "Follow me" widget to the blog.  It should be on there now if I managed to do it right.  At Christmas I'll spend some time sorting out the blog and making it look swish and professional.  For now though it's a bit like my running.  Ugly but functional.  Hopefully I can replace "functional" with "effective" soon!

Anyway, this is a running blog so I should say a little bit about that.  I did ten miles this morning; leaving shortly after first light.  It's a beautiful morning to run, crisp and clear, and the views over to the hills was beautiful.  There is snow on the high ground behind the Ceriog valley this morning and it seemed so close I felt I could almost reach out and touch it. 

There's a down side to that beauty though.  The ground is very slippy underfoot.  I nearly fell a number of times and lost several minutes in a nightmare fantasy of running the Marathon des Sables with a broken collar bone.  Luckily I didn't fall and made it OK.

Once more my split times prove that as I get older it takes me longer and longer to warm up.  My fastest mile was mile ten (9:35).  Mostly today I felt sore, stiff and weak after 33 miles at the weekend.  I think really I needed an extra recovery day.  However with a crammed schedule this week I'll be taking another recovery day tomorrow but then four straight running days until Monday.  By which time I'll be a shadow of my present self  ;)

Thanks for reading folks - especially anyone reading for the first time.  I'm sorry to say that it doesn't really get any better than this but if you're interested in seeing what's involved in preparing for an event like the Marathon des Sables then stick around.  You're more than welcome.

Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY
Distance 10.04 miles
Time  1:41:53
Kcal  1092
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 263.58 miles
Time  45:36:52
Kcal  28,264
Press-ups 380
Swimming 8000 m
Sauna  3:05 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is still at £431.53.
If you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored already. I respect and love you all!!! 

Remember that you can now donate by sending a text to 70070 saying (without quotes) "MIFF70 £5" but replacing the £5 with any amount you wish to donate.

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at: miffjacobs@hotmail.com

Thank you to Robert Pires for helping me to promote my fundraising.  (oooh get me!!)

DONATE
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.

http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment