Thursday 5 January 2012

Wednesday 4th January 2012 - 66 mins elliptical

I was working in Milton Keynes today (about 130 miles / 200 km from home) so by the time I arrived at the gym I was feeling pretty jaded after the long drive.  However I blew away the cobwebs with some core strength exercises and then it was on to see my new best friend.  The elliptical trainer.  My plan said just 6 miles today so I figured at 11 minutes per mile and did 66 minutes.  I upped the level a bit from what I'd done the day before and also upped the cadence by between 10 and 20 reps per minute.  Especially when "Common People" came on my ipod shuffle!

After the elliptical I went down the pool and rested on a lounger (tough life eh?) for a bit before jumping in and doing 60 lengths to finish.  I then chilled out with my calves in the spa for a bit and into the sauna.

One problem I had was that I forgot to take a water bottle so had to rely on the little plastic cups at the gym.  The cup holders on the ellipticals are too big to hold them so I couldn't take any water during my time on there.  I built up a huge thirst and so gulped a lot as soon as I finished.  In fact I found myself gulping cups of water rather than sipping like I would do from the bottle and eventually I had a belly full of water that wouldn't budge.  This meant that I couldn't stomach enough water in the sauna and had to abandon and hit the steam room for the last bit.
 
Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0
Elliptical 1:06 hrs
Kcal  0
Press-ups 0
Swimming 1500 m
Sauna  20 mins

TOTAL
Distance 315.28 miles
Time  54:50:38
Elliptical 4:46 hrs
Kcal  34,388
Press-ups 400
Swimming 10,750 m
Sauna  5:50 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is at £481.53. 
If you haven't already donated then take a look at http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet and help the wonderful work of MENCAP.  Thank you so much to everyone who has sponsored already. I respect and love you all!!! 

Remember that you can now donate by sending a text to 70070 saying (without quotes) "MIFF70 £5" but replacing the £5 with any amount you wish to donate.  I've tested it to make sure it works and it's EASY EASY EASY!!!  Try it!

Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at: miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.

http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment