Monday 9 January 2012

Monday 9th January 2012 - Evening Leader article

Today is a rest day on my schedule so nothing occuring on the training front (apart from 100 press-ups done to punish myself for more lapses of motivation work-wise).   However it was a very good day for fundraising.  I got my photo and a great write up on page 3 of the paper.  I'm really grateful to the Wrexham Evening Leader for the help they gave publicising the effort.  Hopefully it will lay the ground for when I drop leaflets around the Wrexham area over the coming weeks.  I think I look really fat in the picture but hopefully that will help the sponsorship as people look at it and think that I need all the help I can get!!

I saw the benefit of the leaflets I dropped yesterday with Grace and it pushed my fundraising up to around the £600 mark!  I'm absolutely delighted!  A huge thank you to all those who sponsored me today and yesterday; especially Liz who generously donated £50, increased to £62.50 with Gift Aid - awesome, thanks Liz!!  I'm grateful for every donation, large or small.  They all help me to get closer to my target.

I have the remaining leaflets to drop and then I'll get a new batch made up.  I think for the second set I will try to push for business sponsorship.  I can include the logo and perhaps a small advertising message on the leaflets so that for a sponsorship at a certain level I can give firms a free leaflet drop to 2,000 homes in the area.  If you are reading this and you know of a company who might benefit from this then do let me know.  I would love to be able to help some local firms out at the same time as growing my sponsorship fund.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0
Elliptical 0 hrs
Kcal  0
Press-ups 100
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 327.41 miles
Time  60:01:06
Elliptical 11:06 hrs
Kcal  34,388
Press-ups 600
Swimming 10,750 m
Sauna  5:50 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is at £597.53. 
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet
Text "MIFF70 £5" to 70070
or just click on the "Donate Now" link on the sidebar.
Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at: miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment