Thursday 5 January 2012

Thursday 5th January 2012 - 90 minutes elliptical

Eight miles on the schedule for tonight so I rounded it up to 90 minutes on the elliptical and read more of the Lord of the Rings with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers playing in my ears.  Definitely a very different experience from slogging along frozen lanes being freaked out by scary cow eyes in the dark.  It was short and sweet though, straight in, sweat it up for an hour and a half and straight out! (After a shower of course!).

Sadly I didn't have time for any of the niceties like saunas or pool splashing.  That'll have to wait.  Oh, I also did some press-ups during the day.  Not really part of my training to do them but I use them as a deterrent to laziness.  Working from home is not good for me because I need some peer pressure to stop me being idle.  So I have a tactic that whenever I catch myself idling I drop and give myself 20 (I'd have made a great drill seargant).  It's a sign of what an idle day I've had that I did 100 of the wretched things through the day!!

I picked up my new leaflets today, ready for a long day of leaflet dropping on Sunday.  They look quite good.  Cheap obviously but that's probably no bad thing considering I'm basically begging for money with them.  If they were too swish people would figure I didn't need the cash!  I also got a box full of collection boxes from Mencap; and some stickers for the next time I'm collecting.  If you know a business that would be able to host one for a few months please let me know!  Ideally
places that trade a lot of cash and have a lot of generous customers!

I also got some text donations through (thank you Vicky and Dan!!).  I hope to get a few more over the weekend when I start dropping the leaflets off.  Oh, and I also finally replied to Wrexham Football Club and to the Wrexham Evening Leader.  Both had offered to help me promote the event before Christmas but I lost so much motivation during my injury that I had followed neither of them up until today.  Hopefully I'll get a positive response from them both.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0
Elliptical 1:30 hrs
Kcal  0
Press-ups 100
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 315.28 miles
Time  54:50:38
Elliptical 6:16 hrs
Kcal  34,388
Press-ups 500
Swimming 10,750 m
Sauna  5:50 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is at £483.53. 
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet
Text "MIFF70 £5" to 70070
or just click on the "Donate Now" link on the sidebar.
Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at: miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment