Thursday 26 January 2012

25th Jan '12 - Six miles of cow-less lanes



Total so far: £700.53
Text "MIFF70 £5" (without quotes) to 70070 to donate £5 to Mencap.  Change the amount to whatever you are comfortable with.
Click on the "Donate Now" link in the sidebar or visit www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet.
Thanks!

Back on the road tonight.  Away from the gentle bouncing of the treadmill, and instead on to a butt-whooping from the unforgiving tarmac.  No science behind this decision, I just couldn't be bothered to drive to the gym.  I really should be putting more thought into this!

Anyway, it was on with the head torch and lovely high-vis yellow jacket and out of the door.  It was odd being back on the lanes; almost six weeks since I last ran around here at night.  It hasn't changed much.  Obviously not as many Christmas lights as there were in mid-December.  And oddly far fewer cows and sheep by the hedges with their scary glowing eyes.  Even though they spook me a little I felt quite sad about this because they've probably gone to a place so wonderful that no animal ever thought to come back from.  Namely a butcher's.  I did see a cat hiding in a hedge though.  Cats never end up in butchers shops despite the fact that no animal would deserve it more.  (Cat lovers: I'm joking, I love cats... honestly!)

Anyway, this is a running blog so I'll talk about that.  Just six miles on the plan and I did a boring out and back to Tallarn Green.  It was a nice evening but no sign of the Northern Lights.  Only the orange glow of Wrexham Industrial Estate on the horizon.  I had 7.5 Kg in my pack and I wasn't all that comfortable despite the slow pace.  One of the lessons from the Anglesey Ultra was that I need to get more used to weight in my pack.

On the fundraising front I got a 20 Euro donation from a colleague visiting from Germany.  I'll pay this into Just Giving from my account and credit his name on it.  I'm very grateful for it.  Things have stalled a little again on that front over the last week but hopefully I'll be able to kick some life into it this weekend when I do another town centre collection in Wrexham.  If you're in the area then please come over and say "hi" and put a pound in my pot!

Thanks for reading folks! Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 78.9 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 6 miles
Time  1:09:19 hrs
X-Trainer 0 hrs
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 387.40 miles
Time  72:11:52
X-Trainer 17:41 hrs
Press-ups 620
Swimming 13,000 m
Sauna  7:15 hrs

Contact me: miffjacobs@hotmail.com
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP.

There are 1.5 million people in the UK with a learning disability. Most are treated as ‘different’ however with the right support people with a learning disability can have access to education, jobs and an independent place to live. Mencap works with people with a learning disability to help them live the lives they want.

Be cool and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment