Monday 16 January 2012

Monday 16th January 2012 - 9 mile treadmill

Total so far: £700.53
Text "MIFF70 £5" (without quotes) to 70070 to donate £5 to Mencap.  Change the amount to whatever you are comfortable with.
Click on the "Donate Now" link in the sidebar or visit www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet.
Thanks!

Another big step on the road to recovery tonight.  And also a big step on the road to the Sahara perhaps?  I gave my calf a proper test in the gym, running 15km.  I wanted to run 10 miles and my usual combination of confidence and ignorance meant that I didn't check how many Km it was.  Turns out it's not 15.  It's a little more.  So in the end I only did 9.32 miles but I didn't know it until just now when I checked.  Never mind.  I'm happy with 9 miles at roughly 10 mpm pace.

My leg held out pretty well.  I had some pain in my right ankle before things got warm and loose.  Then, at about the 70 minute mark, I got a growing pain directly at the site of the muscle tear but it only lasted about five minutes and it eased off as I slowed the tempo a little to prepare for my warm down.  I'll wait and see how it fares over night.  Right now (about 2 hours after the end of the run) it feels fine and I have no pain :)

I'll have another short run tomorrow and Wednesday but then I intend to take two full days off before the true test on Saturday.  The 33 mile Anglesey ultra-marathon.  It'll be the longest event I've ever competed in and I'm really looking forward to seeing how my body copes with it.  I'm targeting a time of 10 hours to finish although I don't know if there are cut off times that are quicker.  Ten hours works out to about 18 mpm and I think I can maintain that as long as I don't linger too long at the checkpoints etc.  It's nice to have a target but of course my main focus is just on finishing it at all!

On the fundraising front I got knocked back by tesco locally.  I have to go through a central organisation in London to collect at a tesco so I'll give them a call.  I also want to find locations for some collection boxes this week and get them in place and collecting money as soon as possible.  As I've mentioned before, if you know of anywhere suitable to house one for a few months please let me know!

Thanks for reading folks! Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 9.32 miles
Time  1:34:22 hrs
Elliptical 0 hrs
Kcal  0
Press-ups 0
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 338.23 miles
Time  61:52:28
Elliptical 16:11 hrs
Kcal  34,388
Press-ups 620
Swimming 12,500 m
Sauna  6:20 mins

Contact me: miffjacobs@hotmail.com
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP.

There are 1.5 million people in the UK with a learning disability. Most are treated as ‘different’ however with the right support people with a learning disability can have access to education, jobs and an independent place to live. Mencap works with people with a learning disability to help them live the lives they want.

Be cool and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment