Thursday 19 January 2012

Wednesday 18th January 2012 - 90 mins X-Trainer

Total so far: £700.53
Text "MIFF70 £5" (without quotes) to 70070 to donate £5 to Mencap.  Change the amount to whatever you are comfortable with.
Click on the "Donate Now" link in the sidebar or visit www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet.
Thanks!

After getting some pain after 15 miles in two days on the treadmill I decided to go back on the elliptical.  Or, as I have realised in the last day or two, the Cross-Trainer.  It seems I am the only person in the world to call it an elliptical trainer.  Or maybe there is such a thing as an elliptical trainer but I have not been on it.  What I have been on is the cross trainer, or X-Trainer to save space.  Anyway, whatever it is or isn't, I spent 90 minutes on it tonight. I find myself zoning out when I'm on it and I used the time to read some more (I'm reading a book about Shackleton's ill-fated mission to Antartica).

My legs were tired and weak by the end after three days of hard work but I feel good.  I did a quick set of 15 reps on some machine that you sit on and pull things down to you.  I won't attempt to name it.  Then I went down and did 20 minutes in the sauna, unbroken. Usually I have to get out at about 15 minutes and cool down but I saw all 20 through.  Then I jumped in the pool for 30 lengths and then back into the sauna for another 20.  I didn't do this second twenty unbroken, I had to get out and grab a cold shower and re-fill my water bottle.  By the end of the 20 I was drizzling water over myself from my bottle and feeling pretty dreadful.  But I'm glad I pushed it a little and got to the 40 minutes.

That's the last training I'll do before the ultra on Saturday.  My thoughts are now bending entirely to the challenge ahead. I bought my provisions and have made my plan but more about that in the next post.

All quiet on the fundraising front. It's been a week since my last donation so I need to step things up a little.  I will spend some time today contacting more businesses and maybe see if I can use my Linked In or anything like that to promote it.  I was supposed to be in the Whitchurch Herald but they didn't print the article.  Oddly I did see a spike in hits to my blog but no donations came of it.

Thanks for reading folks! Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0 hrs
X-Trainer 1:30 hrs
Kcal  0
Press-ups 0
Swimming 500 m
Sauna  40 mins

TOTAL
Distance 344.48 miles
Time  62:51:43
X-Trainer 17:41 hrs
Kcal  34,388
Press-ups 620
Swimming 13,000 m
Sauna  7:15 hrs

Contact me: miffjacobs@hotmail.com
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over
£9,500 for MENCAP.

There are 1.5 million people in the UK with a learning disability. Most are treated as ‘different’ however with the right support people with a learning disability can have access to education, jobs and an independent place to live. Mencap works with people with a learning disability to help them live the lives they want.

Be cool and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment