Wednesday 11 January 2012

Tuesday 10th January 2012 - 2:48 hrs elliptical

Fourteen miles on my plan tonight so I translated that to 2hrs 48 mins on the elliptical.  I forgot my ipod and so it was gym dance music all the way again.  Like alcohol, I think your tolerance increases through exposure so the impulse to claw my ears from my head was lessened this time around.  Although the version of "With or Without You" they played should be criminalised.

Anyway, I took my kindle and so I was able to take my mind off the effort and the music by reading more of Lord of the Rings. Gollum fell into Mount Doom with the ring last night so to be honest the time absolutely flew by.  In fact I came to the end of the session before I came to the end of the book and was a little disappointed to have to leave it!  But on the whole I was very pleased with the work I did. I found it much easier than the 14 miles I did last week with no 'wobbliness' when I got off the machine like I had had on previous sessions.  One problem I did have though is that my jogging bottoms have rubbed the front of my thighs so much that they are red raw and stung like crazy in the pool.

After the elliptical I went down to the pool and eeked out 20 minutes in the sauna although I had to have several cold showers to get me through it because my body was still hot after the workout.  Finally I threw in 10 lengths to cool me down.  It might have been 12 though, after the depressing realisation that I had lost count. Quite a feat considering I was only counting to ten!!

A great day on the fundraising front too.  The total has gone up to £619.53, plus I have some uncounted money in my pot from the weekend to add yet.  Thank you Bridget, Nigel and those who donated anonymously through SMS.  I'm very grateful.  I got my event featured on my work's intranet and had a long talk to a journalist from the Whitchurch Herald.  I am going on Thursday to have some new photos taken (note to self.... pull tummy in for photo!).  Hopefully they will run a story on me next week.  Fingers crossed!  I also wrote letters to the managers of Tesco, Sainsbury, ASDA, and Morrisons supermarkets in Wrexham, Oswestry, Ellesmere and Whitchurch.  The letters ask for donations and also ask for permission to run collections at their sites. Fingers crossed again!

Phew, busy day!

Peace, out.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 79.6 Kg

TODAY 
Distance 0 miles
Time  0 hrs
Elliptical 2:48 hrs
Kcal  0
Press-ups 20
Swimming 250 m
Sauna  20 mins

TOTAL
Distance 327.41 miles
Time  60:01:06
Elliptical 13:54 hrs
Kcal  34,388
Press-ups 620
Swimming 11,000 m
Sauna  6:10 mins

FUNDRAISING
The fund is at £619.53. 
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet
Text "MIFF70 £5" to 70070
or just click on the "Donate Now" link on the sidebar.
Feel free to contact me with any fundraising ideas you have.  You can email me at: miffjacobs@hotmail.com

DONATE
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP.

There are 1.5 million people in the UK with a learning disability. Most are treated as ‘different’ however with the right support people with a learning disability can have access to education, jobs and an independent place to live. Mencap works with people with a learning disability to help them live the lives they want.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
http://www.justgiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment