Monday 31 October 2011

Monday 31st October 2011

Potions and pills!  The paraphenalia of training is building up.  Let me walk you through this morning's chemically enhanced living.  Within ten minutes of waking (at 5am - eek) I was slapping Deep Heat on my neck, shoulders, and both legs from the achilles (that hurts today where it didn't hurt yesterday!) up to my quads and my hamstrings.  My calves got special attention as they've been sore, especially the left.  That was followed by some ASDA Vapor Rub on my chest to ease my breathing and keep my pipes clear!  Then the runners favourite... vaseline around the erm... tender areas at the top of my thighs!  Then after the run (and stretches) it was time for Deep Freeze on my calves and achilles.  Tesco Ibuprofen rub on my neck and shoulders, Savlon on my broken toe-nails and a barocca to give me a boost.  I really don't know how ancient man coped without all this technology!

Anyway, on to this morning's run.  A good 6.4 miles through the dark using my head torch to see the road.  I felt good and strong all the way around although I drunk a litre of water in the first 5 miles which means I was probably a little dehydrated when I started.  I kept my average HR nice and low (138 bpm) and my average pace nice and slow (10:18 mpm).  So all very comfortable :)

One crazy thing though.  I passed a sleeping horse.  Have you ever seen one?  It was standing on a high bank facing over the hedge to the lane; as still as rock with it's eyes reflecting the lights of my torch.  It didn't move a muscle the whole while; as if frozen in time. It was incredibly spooky and I had to run right under it. I think it's fair to say I know what will be stalking my nightmares this Halloween night!

I finished the day with a little plank work (just a token gesture to be honest) and some more ibuprofen gel on my right calf.  Oh, and fifty press-ups to work off a little late evening frustration.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

TODAY
Distance 6.42 miles
Time  1:06:08
Kcal  754
Elevation 426 ft
Press-ups 50
Swimming 0 m
Sauna  0 mins

TOTAL
Distance 51.36 miles
Time  9:05:40
Kcal  4916
Elevation 2205 ft
Press-ups 70
Swimming 2000 m
Sauna  30 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!

My neck is killing me! It hurts to turn my head, especially to the left with the pain focused on my right shoulder at the back.  Some pain in my lower legs and achilles but I'm not too worried even though I was limping a little this evening with my right leg painful when I put weight on it.  If it continues I may tag an extra rest day onto my next one to give it time to recover.  As it is I will probably replace my run with a swim tomorrow just in case.

FUNDRAISING

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far.  My current total is £170 on the Virgin Money Giving site.  My Adsense revenue is £9.64 now - outstanding!!  Please keep clicking on the ads because every click helps raise more money for Mencap.

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment