Sunday 30 October 2011

Sunday 30th October 2011

A recovery day today and because of the pain in my lower left leg I figured that it might be prudent to stay off the roads.  Hence a trip to the gym instead.  I did a slow 2.5 Km on the treadmill then hit the pool, sauna, and jacuzzi.

The treadmill run was good and I could easily have done a much longer recovery but I was really looking forward to getting into the water and so knocked it on the head as soon as I'd reached a round number (well, not exactly round but at least easy to remember).  The pool was lovely.  I did 20 lengths (500m); 15 minutes in the sauna (at 85 degrees C again); another 20 lengths; then a spell in the jacuzzi to massage my aching muscles.

A lovely way to spend a couple of hours and I'm sure that reading this you must be wondering what all the fuss is about.  Marathon des Sables training is easy!  We'll see...

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

Today 
Distance 1.55 miles
Time  0:17:21
Kcal  143
Elevation 0 ft
Press-ups 0
Swimming 1000 m
Sauna  15 mins

Total
Distance 44.94 miles
Time  7:59:32
Kcal  4162
Elevation 1779 ft
Press-ups 20
Swimming 2000 m
Sauna  30 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!

Still some pain in my lower left leg and I've treated it with more ibuprofen gel.  My toe was less painful today after only a small time running.  The swim (and some associated messing around!) has made my shoulders really sore and I 'ricked' my neck in the pool so that is very painful!  My right hip has started to hurt too.  It's all pointing to me needing new shoes!! Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good.  :)

DONATE

Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment