Friday 28 October 2011

Friday 28th October 2011

Back to it after a relaxing day off. Started with a lovely lunchtime four miler around the lanes.  The weather is beautiful today and it was a joy to run. In fact it was a bit of a challenge keeping cool because I ran with plenty of layers. I worked up a decent sweat and recovered quickly - all good!

Another boost as I weighed myself this morning to find I'm almost 2Kg lighter than I was a week ago.  That's what a week without alcohol does for me!

The day finished off with a 1000 m swim (40 lengths) in the pool.  The water was cool and it felt great to stretch out my limbs.  I had a little dip in the jacuzzi (ouch it was hotter than soup in there!) and then started my hot weather acclimatisation.  Well that's what I'm calling it.  Actually it was 15 minutes chilling out in the sauna.  Which is quite something when you think about it.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 81.2 Kg

Today 
Distance 4.49 miles
Time  42:20
Kcal  537
Elevation 154 ft
Press-ups 0
Swimming 1000m
Sauna  15 mins

Total
Distance 27.99 miles
Time  4:57:54
Kcal  3244
Elevation 1004 ft
Press-ups 20
Swimming 1000m
Sauna  15 mins

CHARITY HURTS!!
Feeling really good again!  I think I've beaten the counter-attack that my cold launched yesterday and since clipping my toe-nail I've had no new pain (although it is still very bruised).  Very slight lower leg pain during the run which probably implies I will need some new  trainers soon.

DONATE NOW!!!!
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.

Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment