Friday 28 October 2011

Thursday 27th October 2011

So today is my first rest day.  I need it actually.  After nearly three weeks off with flu to come back with six day's straight running has taken it out of me.  My legs are OK but my lungs are sore and I feel a little cold coming back on.

So, nothing to add to the training log although I did spend some time watching some great You Tube videos about ultra-running and a talk by a guy called Mark Hines that was very insprirational.  You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG29eTNzRkI
I'm amazed that it's only got 56 views because it's really interesting and he's a good speaker!

Another couple of videos that I watched relate to the 100 mile Burning River ultra marathon in the US.  You can watch them here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZQ30o83TYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWv9s7P7fY8

Inspirational and daunting all at the same time!!

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 83 Kg

Today 
Distance zip
Time  didley squat
Kcal  zilch
Elevation schmelevation
Press-ups whatchootalkingaboutwillis

Total
Distance 23.50 miles
Time  4:15:34
Kcal  2707
Elevation 850 ft
Press-ups 20

CHARITY HURTS!!
I managed to trim the edge of my newly blackened toe nail (I have two others that have been black for ten years and they don't hurt me now!).  That's provided some relief from the pain.  It's only mild though.  My calves are tight but they'll be fine with a day's rest.  My chest is a little wheezy where I think my cold is trying to come back but a day in the warm will sort that out I'm sure.

DONATE NOW!!!!
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the
rest of us take for granted.
Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment