Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wednesday 26th October 2011

A slightly longer short run today, up to just under four and a half miles.  Steady, quicker than last night but nothing too mental, averaging 9:10 mmp and keeping my average HR below 150 (which is quite an achievement for me because my heart usually beats like a quartz crystal). 

The weather is beautiful and running around the lanes and over the gentle hills was a true pleasure.  My week one objective is complete; to get back into the routine of running and back to a point where it doesn't exhaust me just to put one foot in front of the other.  My goal now is to get to a first long run of 15 miles (which I will do on the flat!!) so that I can build that up week by week until I get to the real long distances in January.  Finished off with some good stretches and a quick plank. (no, that's not slang).

I finished off the day walking the dog.  Another two miles although I won't include it in my stats as it was more stop than go on account of the dog's erratic behaviour.  She was impossible to control until finally a squirrel bit her (quite justifiably in my opinion).  After that she was a little less keen on escape and a little more keen on the concept of safety in numbers.

JUST THE FACTS!!
Weight: 83 Kg

Today 
Distance 4.44 miles
Time  0:40:45
Kcal  488
Elevation 145 ft
Press-ups 0

Total
Distance 23.50 miles
Time  4:15:34
Kcal  2707
Elevation 850 ft
Press-ups 20

CHARITY HURTS!!
My first aches and pains of the training have arisen today.  I'll spare the gory details but I have rubbed myself sore at the, ahem, top of my thighs.  I should have used vaseline but didn't and am suffering for it now and am walking a little bit like John Wayne.  I also have a black toe nail on my right foot; on the toe next to the little one.  That hurts but is too small to clip -  hopefully it will fall off shortly and hurt less.

DONATE NOW!!!!
Please remember that I'm inflicting all this pain and misery on myself for a cause greater than just having a good story to tell over a beer. I hope to raise over £9,500 for MENCAP; an amazing charity who help those born with learning difficulties to live a normal life and to enjoy the same opportunities and choices that the
rest of us take for granted.

Be an awesome human being today and click on the link below and help make someone's life better.
Thank you.  You really ARE awesome.
www.virginmoneygiving.com/pitymyfeet

No comments:

Post a Comment