Thursday 29 March 2012

Thursday 29th March 2012 - Weather Update

Firstly, it's my Mum's birthday.  So... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Mum!

Secondly, IT IS RAINING today in the Sahara Desert.  It is also colder right now in Tazarine (where the race finishes) than it was yesterday in Wrexham.  What a crazy world.  The forecast for this afternoon is for the Sahara to reach 18 degrees C.  Woopee doo!

I'm not changing my preparation in terms of the sun adaption of my skin and the heat adaption of my blood (more plasma please!).  But if the weather doesn't improve I may have to take the precaution of carrying a throw-away fleece to keep warm.  A few years ago the race had to be delayed, and ultimately diverted, because of floods across part of the route but this was considered a freak event.  Hopefully 2012 will not be another 'freak'!

If it is indeed going to be a cold wet one then I'll reach into my bag and pull out a little of the "Spirit of Glastonbury Festival" that's seen me get through several cold wet festivals in years gone by!

Peace, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment