Friday 30 March 2012

Friday 30th March 2012 - Radio Ga Ga!

So I made my live radio debut today!  I was welcomed onto the Calon FM breakfast show by the wonderful team there led by host Dave Williams.

I had a great time talking about all aspects of the challenge and I hope that I may have inspired one or two listeners to donate some money to Mencap.

You can listen to a recording of the interview here.  It'll only be available for the next two weeks so be quick!

Finally a quick word about Calon FM.  They are a community radio station serving Wrexham and the surrounding area based in the Glyndwr University campus.  They provide a great service to people like me who need a voice in the local community and a quick look at the list of guests they have had on shows what a help they are to charities and other good causes in the area.  Dave told me that they will shortly be applying to extend their licence for another five years.  I would urge you to do all you can to support this to make sure we don't lose this important asset to our community.  They are selling some raffle tickets and you can join in and buy some here. Finally I have to say, they play some great music!  Thanks guys - great work!  :)

Peace, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment